뉴스
2009 재외동포학생 모국방문 연수를 다녀와서-우예림

I’m Amy Woo, and I recently came back from a week in Korea.

It was the BEST experience, since I never really went there before, and I still can’t believe that I went to Korea at all. The visit to Korea really changed me. I learned a lot, I made new friends and I had a great experience.

I learnt a wide variety of stuff that I never knew about, from the Korean names of the planets, to olden Korean lifestyles. We went to lots of places, like Oktokki Space Centre, a Buddhist monastery (to watch an orchestra perform) and museums. Personally, I preferred a baseball game that we went to watch. I never enjoyed baseball, so I didn’t think that I’d enjoy going to a live game very much! But, we went to watch, I had fun, and now I have a great memory that I can always remember whenever I feel like watching baseball on TV!

Kids from other countries were with me, and normally, I have a hard time making new friends because of my shyness, but everyone was so nice and friendly, so I made a LOT of new friends. I’ve even made eight new friends from Australia, and two of them even goes to my church, but I had no idea!.

This experience has changed me greatly, and I sincerely thank the Korean Government for letting me have this experience, one which I’ll never forget.
Everywhere I go, I always look upon myself as a proud Korean.