The Graduate School of Korean Studies (“GSKS”) is an affiliated institution of the Academy of Korean Studies, which operates under the Ministry of Education. It is a research-oriented graduate school in the fields of humanities and social sciences pertinent to Korea, which aims at nurturing scholars who will contribute to the development and globalization of Korean Studies. Since its establishment in 1980, GSKS has been providing intensive research-oriented education through eminent professors’ close mentoring of students. In addition, it gained a worldwide reputation for its high standard and quality education. Also its graduates are playing pivotal role in widening and deepening Korean Studies all over the world with their academic excellence. Currently, approximately 280 students, including about 140 international students from 35 different countries, are enrolled in the master’s and doctoral degree programs at the GSKS.
◦ Tuition fees are fully waived for international students.
◦ The Government Grant of KRW750,000 per month is provided to comparably competent students of all majors.
◦ Free Korean language courses are provided to assist international students with academic writing, presentations, and discussions as well as communication skills.
◦ On-campus dormitory accommodations are available at the rate of KRW543,000 per semester, double occupancy.
◦ A 4:1 student-faculty ratio enables close one-on-one guidance of students by professors.
◦ Various kinds of major-specific courses are available including interdisciplinary courses, independent study with student's own topic and research plans, and fieldwork. Students can also earn credits by publishing articles in accredited academic journals.
◦ Application Details
A. Application Period : 12pm on Thursday, October 12th ~ 5pm on Friday, November 3rd, 2017(Korea Time)
B. Application Method : Complete the online application (http://www.aks.ac.kr/ admission,) save data, print it out, and submit it with your signature below along with the rest of the required documents by postal service or in person.