'Test Of Proficiency In Korean'
This examination aims to set a right Korean Language learning path for overseas Koreans and foreigners who do not speak Korean as their mother tongue and promote the use of Korean language. The result of evaluation can also be used for local university applications as well as employment purpose.
Who are eligible to take 'TOPIK'
1. Overseas Koreans and foreigners who do not speak Korean as their mother tongue
2. Those learning Korean language and those with intentions to apply for local universities.
3. Those with intention to join/work for domestic/overseas Korean companies and public organizations.
4. Koreans who study or graduated overseas.
Validity of ‘TOPIK’
Valid for two(2) years after the announcement of examination results.
National Institute for International Education (NIIED), Ministry of Education.
Usability of examination
1. University admission and academic management of foreign Korean Government Scholars.
2. Local university admission for foreigners and overseas Koreans who have completed 12 years of education abroad.
3. Obtaining working visa for those who want to be employed at Korean companies, and serving as a standard for selecting and managing the employees.
4. Recognizing domestic practitioner license for foreigners with medical doctor qualification.
5. Application for Korean Language Teaching Qualification test (level 2 and 3) and acquisition of certificate.
6. Acquisition of permanent residency right.
7. Application for the issuance of marriage-based immigrant visa.
For more information about the TOPIK, please go to http://www.topik.go.kr/